I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's too much.

Okay. Here's the deal. All of us have had Instant Messenger for at least seven years... most of us for more. By now, we should know typical IM etiquette. Most of us are on IM for emergency messages from kids we went to college with, and to check other people's away messages.

I know I'm rarely on "just ta chat!"

So here's the deal. I think if a person is IMing you more than twice a day (barring boyfriends/girlfriends/dating partners) they're IMing too much. We're all busy, we all have things to do, and rarely do any of us have anything so important to say, that it warrants a message more than once or twice a day.

Of COURSE there are exceptions... Sometimes it's necessary to IM someone more than twice a day. However, as a general rule, I think if you're IMing someone more than twice a day three days in a row, the IM recievee has a right to start being like, "Uh, piss off." Because I know I'm like that. FYI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home