I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Okay, Okay, I'm posting.

I really don't want to post a blog. I'm tired and I have to clean up from dinner. Now I know how Rachel Ray cooks meals in 30 mintues... she doesn't have to chop or defrost anything, and at the end she doesn't have to do the damn dishes. Lil' whore.

Anyhoo. Today was a day for great celebration/consternation.

Are we ready?

I HAVE A JOB OFFER!!! !!! !!!

That's right. I can no longer bitch about being unemployed... sorta. I haven't accepted it yet.

There are a few firms in Miami that I call the "big fancies." I have a call back with one of the big fancies (although, maybe not anymore...I'm fairly certain by wanting it so badly, I've jinxed the hell out of it...and then there was the misunderstanding that took place today where I think the Big Fancy thought I was trying to muscle them into a decision on me, when I was just letting them know that I sort of need them to get on the stick...) and I'm not going to lie.

I want the big fancy job.

I want it real bad.

I'd do stuff for it.

Criminal stuff.

Sexual stuff.

You name it. I'd probably do it.

Well, not really.

But by virtue of the fact that I want it so badly, and because God can't ever give me exactly what I want, because I'm a bad person, I won't get it.

I do, however, have to make sure that remember to accept this position I've been given, if it comes to that.

Hah. If it comes to that. I'll be getting paid more than I expected to be paid, and with an exceptionally low weekly billing minimum (30 hours!)

I'll be doing interesting stuff: Corporate, Probate, Real Estate and Litigation, and if I take this job, it'll be one of those "throw him in and make him learn!" sort of things. Which might be beneficial.

On the downside, it's near the airport, and all I've ever wanted was to work in a big fancy place with a wood-paneled lobby and a two-level spiral staircase, downtown, but no matter. I'll dry my tears all the way to the bank. I don't think it will improve my social life any, but I guess I'll just have to join a club or something.

So that's that. I have a job offer. Life is good, but of course I got all twisted up about it, because I'm spoiled and it's not precisely what I want. No matter. A job is better than 0 job. :)

Hooray. I can finally stop hating all of my friends!!!




1 Comments:

Blogger SuperBee said...

Yay for all of us! Loved the Joan post, by the way.

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home