I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Per The Brewer...

I've been Tagged. So, here goes:

Well, since I was tagged by The Brewer Patriot to fill this out, I shall do so:

1) What were you doing 10 Years Ago?
Pathetically, spending every waking minute at school, nailing down my "Chorus member #s 3, 7, 12, 990, 1,450,658, "Fiish, Fresh Fish" Guy, and That Cymbals Kid Who Popped Out of the Bed at Tom K's and Michelle D.'s and Meaghan K's Feet, during "The Dream Sequence" for Wilde Lake High School's triumphant production of Fiddler on the Roof. Oh, and practically wetting my pants that in the summer, I got to go spend two weeks in England and Scotland with school, being, yet again, a ginormous Drama Nerd. That's right. I can admit it now.

2) 5 Years Ago?
What is it? March? Was I in Prague? Portugal? Salamanca or Valencia? Or was I standing in the Streets of Sevilla, with about eighty hundred million other Sevillanos, wearing a suit, at Midnight, sweating my ass off, and getting trapped in "El Centro," with no way to get home, because "El Paso Del Jesus Cristo Del Gran Poder" was winding around every side of the Plaza with El Corte Ingles in it that wasn't blocked off by Bleachers, then, getting really freaked out and claustrophobic, by the silence of the plaza, and the super-creepy brass music blaring from other pasos miles and miles away, and then, committing the Grave Catholic Sin (thank goodness I'm a Jew, or I'd REALLY be riddled with guilt) of breaking the line of Penitentes wearing Black K-K-K-looking Costumes, carrying 4-foot long black candles, slowly floating through a stone-silent plaza, full of people, in front of a 400-year-old Float of Jesus bleeding all over his cross, illuminated by hundreds of candles, carried on the backs of about 100 hidden Sevillanos, under the float, creaking rhythmically and going about one-foot-every-five-seconds. Gosh, was it already five years ago? The trauma seems so fresh in my mind.

3) 1 Year Ago?
Like TBP, Finalizing the Bar Application, Drinking heavily, and misbehaving.

4) Five snacks you enjoy:
- Doritos
- Brownie Bites
- Granola Bars
- Entenmann's Glazed Donut Hole Funpacks
- Fudgcicles.

5) Five songs I know by heart but wish I didn’t:
- Run Away by the Real McCoy
- Silent All These Years - Tori Amos (Sorry, Kara.)
- Be My Lovah - Le Click
- Boom Boom Boom - The VengaBoys (Don't judge me, Okay, the Mid-to-Late 90s I'm-Not-Gonna-Kill-MyselfMusic scene was full of Euro-Trash Peppy Pop Pitfalls.)
- Probably most other songs I know. I have pretty bad taste in Music.

6) Five things I would do with a LOT of money:
- Pay off my student loans.
- Do Altruistic Things, but we all know what those things would be - houses for family members blah blah blah.
- Get myself a nice 1963 Cadillac Convertible. Black. Or midnight blue.
- Buy houses in New York, Chicago, Sedona, Seattle, Belize, Antigua, Sevilla, London, Venice, andddddd...Budapest. I mean, I have a LOT of money, right?
- Buy my way into an Ivy Leage University and bum around taking classes, allll the time, and then go and do it at Oxford, and repeat, and repeat, until I got tired of learning. Then, probably, start some business somewhere. Doing something.

7) Five things I would never wear:
- A paperboy cap. ::shudder::
- Wranglers.
- Plaid pants.
- Black sneakers and shorts.
- A merkin. (A pubic wig, popularized in the 17th century, when it was believed that shaving one's pubes would prevent syphillis.)

8) Five things I should never have worn:
- The Ren and Stimpy Shirts.
- The Umbros with said Ren and Stimpy Shirts, and Deck shoes.
- Rugby Shirts and Levis with hiking boots for EVERY SINGLE DAY BETWEEN 9th GRADE AND THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF FRESHMAN YEAR IN COLLEGE.
- A rat-tail
- Those sunglasses on New Year's Eve.

9) Five things I enjoy doing:
- Bitching about stuff.
- Grocery Shopping
- Eating Dogma at 3 in the Morning. Two Sedona Dogs, with bacon, avacado, and vinegar, and may0-mustard sauce.
- Getting paid.
- Having my head scratched by someone else.

10) Five bad habits:
- Biting my fingernails. Then my hangnails. Then my cuticles.
- Not checking my mail frequently enough.
- Picking stupid fights with Stephen when I'm drunk, because I'm being Passive-Aggressive.
-Doing this stupid survey when I should be studying, doing laundry, or packing for the weekend. - Going too fast over speedbumps.

11) Five people that must fill this out:
- DasVidas
- ThatFs
- Kara
- Mike R on The Pyjama Bar (What does that even MEAN?!)
- Beacuse Its Personal (TAG!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I see I've been tagged. I have no choice:

1) What were you doing 10 Years Ago? Pretty much the same as Nah with a few additions he forgot to mention: drinking many flavors of Coca-cola on an eye-opening visit to the Coca-cola museum in Atlanta, selling Giant grocery store script (for the aforementioned trip to Scotland), parting my hair neatly on the side.

2) 5 Years Ago?
Celebrating my 21st birthday. I had a Corona in each hand and a special necklace that held a third Corona around my neck. I have some very good pictures of this party. I was also psycing myself up for another sweaty, and romantically unfulfilling, summer at Camp Nock-a-Mixon. That spring, I continued Nah's legacy as a ginormous Drama Nerd by saying lines like, "Cut the frabbajabba," as the tough, but sensitive punk Riff in West Side Story. Looking back, I guess I'm not so surprised I didn't have a girlfriend.

3) 1 Year Ago?
Working at KCET, progressively doing less and less work as I approached my last day and deciding where to go to graduate school. For my birthday last year, Vanessa took me and some friends out to play lasertag. No joke - Best Birthday Ever.

4) Five snacks you enjoy:
-Entenmann's crumb donuts
-Cheetos
-Peanut M&Ms
-Klondike bars
-Bacon (not really a snack, but it's one of favorite foods)

5) Five songs I know by heart but wish I didn’t:
I barely know the lyrics to songs I like, but here's a few:
-"I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys
-"Boom! Shake the Room!" by Fresh Prince (a high school favorite of my mine)
-"Sometimes I Rhyme Slow" by Nice and Smooth (should I be embarassed by this? It's actually a very good song)
-"It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday" by BoyzIIMen

6) Five things I would do with a LOT of money:
-Pay off debt (student, car, and otherwise)
-Buy a massive entertainment system with a giant HD flat screen TV
-Lifetime maid service
-Take Vanessa on a trip around the world
-Stop going to school to concentrate on my real passion: loafing.

7) Five things I would never wear:
-Too tight T-shirts
-a trucker cap
-assless chaps
-any kind of piercing
-Nah's mirkin

8) Five things I should never have worn:
-The purple flannel (but I still will)
-The 1989-1992 Golden Hook Block Party shirts
-Any shirt without a tie buttoned all the way up
-Sweat pants with elastic around the ankles
-Paisley

9) Five things I enjoy doing:
-Cycling
-Installing updates for my computer. Don't ask me why, but I really enjoy it.
-Beer pong
-Traveling
-Nothing

10) Five bad habits:
-Leave cups all around the apartment
-Procrastination
-Slow at returning e-mails
-I never get gifts in time for people, i.e. I'm always a couple days late for birthdays, holidays, and so on.
-checking 7-8 of the same websites compulsively whenever I encounter momentary writer's block while writing a paper

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home