I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Friday, January 12, 2007

Nuts.

Trip to Orlando officially canceled. Now, thankfully, only a three-inch pile of Leases in front of me to summarize, instead of the daunting nine-inch pile yesterday.

Stupid job. Stupid adulthood.

At least as long as I stay in tonight and go in to work a little tomorrow a.m., hopefully, I'll be done by like 11 and then it's the Miami Beach Art Deco Festival! Ha-chaa!

Farah and I are going to take a Walking Tour! And then we'll buy some visors, fanny packs, and pretend we're from Minnesota. (No offense, Meg.)

Oh, and I lost my first hearing today. That's not a terrible track record, a year and a half and only one "MOTION DENIED."

It was a useless motion anyway. I had to really scrape together some shit to make it even semi-credible. Then my boss seemed sort of surprised when it wasn't granted, but I was like "Uh, that was utter bullshit, and... I would have had no faith in the Judicial System if it were actually granted."

Meh.

Okay. Back to summarizing leases for stores in South Florida Malls. Sound fun?

If so... you wanna do it for me so daddy can go out drinkin'?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

Said to me by someone:
"This work shit's cramping my style."
I replied "You should try poverty."

2:14 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Getting sympathy from you is like getting blood from a stone. :)

And I'm not #1. ;)

2:34 PM

 
Blogger dmbmeg said...

thanks for that. i retired my fanny pack last year.

5:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is this the first hearing you've lost? Practicing in Miami, I won like 3 out of 20. And those 20 were all pretty much "Oh my god I can't believe we actually filed this" motions. Otherwise known in my office as the "bus chucker" motion. As in my boss would file the thing and then throw me under the bus by sending me to the hearing. One time I actually got someone's affirmative defenses tossed and my boss was in total fucking shock. And the only reason our motion got granted was the result of the serious judicial ass kissing I applied for the 10 minutes prior to the hearing.

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

Believe it or not- it wasn't #1. As boneheaded as he is so much of the time, he has an incredible work ethic.

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home