I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Friday, April 27, 2007

Almost Back!

I apologize for my dearth of posts.

You see, dear reader, Bellsouth/AT&T neglected to actually hook up my phone/interweb connection correctly.

And so, for the past week, I have only had internet at work. Where I have been working 12-13 hour days. Nonstop.

And then I would go home, look at boxes, drink wine and cry.

But it's almost over! I have internet! I have a weekend to unpack and get everything laid out right...

And if anyone wants to buy me a birthday/early Chanukkah present, I would suggest buying me an AN-MB70LP lightbulb for my projection screen tv. They're about $425. Who knew?

Not I, McFly. Besides the bulb problem, I have fixed my leaking toilet, fixed my jammed window blind, and replaced a broken glass light fixture.

I have also learned that Energy Saver bulbs do not work on dimmer switches; that having a remote control for your kitchen lights and your bedroom light is AWESOME, and that I can gerry-rig a decent enough solution to keep my FUCKING HORRIBLE JALOUSIE WINDOWS from clattering out of their brackets and shattering on the concrete floor below my front door.

I have affixed mezuzahs, and I have learned that I hate all the appliances in my house because they're cheap and LOUD, and I have seen a Manatee and a big stingray swimming outside my living room window.

I'll be settled in soon. You should come over when I am.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lollie said...

Yay! Nice to have you back. Love the manatee touch. Maybe he can be a focal point during cocktail parties.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

Cheap appliances suck. Expensive appliances are expensive, tho, and only people over 40 with trust funds can actually afford a paykel and fischer dishwasher. I know. I looked into it.

And why is the bulb $425? My Dad has a slide projector that takes a $5 bulb. Ridiculous.

9:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be visiting Christmas 2007! Get my room ready!

9:43 AM

 
Blogger Maria de los Angeles said...

Welcome to the hood, neighbor! We're all a buzz with the great news! :-)

7:08 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Lollie - Not totally back yet, but soon, my pet. Soon. Once all my shit is unpacked. And I havent' seen him since. I've named him Mortimer.

RT - Paykel & Fischer Dishwasher? Que es esto? And the bulb was $425 because it's.... mercury vapor? Who knows, who cares. I bought it, but I have nothing to watch because THIS BUILDING DIDN'T COME WITH CABLE! GRRR.

Adriennne - It's ready, dahling.

Manola - Thank you. Expect an invite soon to drink Bodega Wine and eat Cheet-os. That's my entertaining style these days. Cheap and easy. Do you ever get used to the scooter buzzing? I'ts sort of making me want to put Thumbtacks on the Venetian...

5:52 PM

 
Blogger JCo1280 said...

Come over? I will, in like 2 days, SKIZZAAAAAA. Umm, only UniInn came with cable, booby, normal condos don't. Sucks. A sad fate I learned here in TPA. Alas alas your ass is grass.

6:58 AM

 
Blogger some guy said...

Am I invited? I can bring my laptop and blog from your place or something...

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home