I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, January 03, 2008

OMG! Favorite! Channel! Ever!

Those of you who know me, know that sometimes I take great joy in odd things. Greasy-spoons, thrift stores, armless mannequins, old medical equipment, urban decay, macrame, terrible neighborhoods, "characters,"...

and now... CABLE ACCESS TELEVISION!

Awesome! I'm watching PTA Television right now (the oldest running local PTA show in the entire nation!) and before this I was watching a show in Spanish (that uses the same set as the PTA show, consisting of a set of Florida Jurisprudence as a background to the cozy living room set of red couches and chairs)...

I'm going to become addicted. But I learned something interesting about myself which is sort of illustrative on the way the human brain works...

I can understand both the English and the Spanish shows, perfectly. On this channel, though, the commercials and shows switch between English and Spanish, and it takes me a second or two to change gears in my head and change what I'm listening for...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

The first time I saw Public Access TV was in Manhattan. I laughed until I cried even tho I had no idea what they were talking about.

Now, Even Statesboro has Public Access, and I can watch people play fetch with their dogs, or the first grade Christmas program.

4:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can do you one better....I was ON public access, baby! (Granted, I was in 5th grade... but still...)

10:21 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

RT - Miami Public access is awsome! (but then again, Miami local Spanish channels are basically Public access... giving us treasures like "QUE PASO CON MARILOLY?" Little Havanna's favoriteist drag queen.)

JB - you were ON public access?! You're like... a star!

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home