I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

And Also: Mary Steenburgen

Okay. Mary Steenburgen. I think Mary Steenburgen is an anomaly, because, to me, she's one of those actresses that gets better looking with age. Which, you don't tend to imagine in women. Sorry, but it's the truth. Like, Patrick Dempsey - better looking with age. Dame Judi Dench -- Not.

I saw Mary Steenburgen in Step Brothers, and she's also been on Curb Your Enthusiasm lately, and, like... for a chick in her 60s [EDIT: 55], she looks pretty good. Like... a hot Diane Keaton, who you don't want to stab, or beat with a hambone, cus she's not all snobby-seeming like that smug Diane Keaton.

But I digress:

Do you remember her in Back to the Future II [Edit: Back to the Future III], when she played someone's love interest...

I mean, like... Bllllllllech!

She was like a 60 year old 35 year old, and I mean that in the worst possible way. I really do. Even her voice had wrinkles and age spots... and her voice and age spots probably had to use vaginal lubrication, because of vaginal dryness caused by advanced menopause. You get my drift.

And she remained that way for the 1990s and early 2000s. But now that she's actually starting to reach... like, TRUE middle age, she's looking better. Now that she's on the cusp of elderly, she's growing into herself.

I mean, you really can't dispute the evidence:

Then:


And now:




Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

First of all, what's taken people so long to develop an interest in Mary Steenburgen? I've been Google and Yahoo Alerting for her since 1997. Second, she's not in her 60s yet, she's 55. Third, She wasn't in Back to the Future II, she was in BTTFIII. And yes, like a fine Burgundy, she gets better with age. Must have something to do with the air in Arkansas.

12:19 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

it's cuz Ted whatever is making her look good.

I should not comment after an 80ml martini. I had to rewrite that 3 times.

2:13 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Isn't it too early to be drinking? :)

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home