I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, April 21, 2005

What the hell is that NOISE?! And my walls rock.

I've noticed lately that whenever I'm around electronics, speakers make this noise. It's an impossible noise to replicate, but it's sort of like this buzzzzzz-da-da-dit-da-da-dit-da-da-daaaaaaaa-dit-dit-dit! Sometimes it'll go da-da-dit-da-da-dit-daaaaa-daaaaaa. Phones make the noise, computers make the noise, my white noisemaker even started making the noise recently.

Don't laugh at me, but at first, I thought it was a ghost trying to talk to me through my white noise maker (I may not have been firing on all cylinders at that time...) and it freaked me out. Then the computer started talking to me. Then the phone. Then, at work, THEIR computers were making the noise! I was sending a picture from my NEW PHONE (I got a new one after the old one met its untimely demise in my pocket in a hottub) just now, and the phone was right next to my computer. I got an entirely new noise this time. I think I conclude that it's my cell service causing some interference with electronics that's making the odd pulsating electrical buzz. That's rather disappointing, because I was hoping that I had some benevolent (or malevolent) spirit following me and trying to form words electronically. I guess it's just my crappy old phone. Sad.

Anyhoo, I am going to do an Ode to my walls. When I first bought this place, I thought "I want red walls, not many but some accent walls." And I painted them. Red. They look awesome. Although, I went with an eggshell paint, which was a stupid idea, because it's really latexy, and almost like a layer of plastic, so when I peeled the masking tape off of my carefully edged borders, some of the paint peeled off with the tape. That angered me greatly, because I'm a perfectionist. Sadly, I'm also lazy so I never did anything about it, but it causes me great consternation.

Then, one day about two years ago, I decided that a mini-wall in my bedroom needed some jazzing up. So I painted it in Orange and Gray squares. I'd take a picture of the whole thing, because it gets more interesting towards the bottom, but... I don't feel like it. Just look at the picture of the top. And note how Miami Humidity when you leave your house for a week or two with the A/C off, warps the matting on your framed pictures of Prague. Tears.

Eh, I'm not doing an ode to my walls anymore. What I should be doing is dragging my sorry ass off to the library to learn more Federal Income Tax, and to try to pretend that I care about Comparative Law. Barf.

I'd like to give a shout out to Laura Douglas, C.P.A., a dear old friend of mine and a blog afficionado. Hi, Doogs. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home