I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

I have no clever title.

The new PMBR guy is, after deliberating on him all day long, passably cute. He sort of reminds me of Bob Balaban in, "A Mighty Wind," but like 15 years younger...for some reason whenever I look at him, I imagine him being smacked on the head by the guy that runs New York Town Hall, after excessively questioning whether a stage-painted banjo would appear 3-D from the audience. He's short, with short hair to cover up his balding, obsessive, jittery, talks too fast, and wears glasses, and a Jewy-Jewerson. I promptly decided I hated him when he started talking before 9 a.m. about things...and then when he started the lecture again at 11:45, when it was supposed to start at NOON.

But then he started to soften up a little bit, and began telling awkward little jokes...that we didn't get and he'd have to be like, "That was a joke." Tee-hee! Unintentional, ineffective deadpan is adorable! The best, however, was when he was like "What if I go to that new club, Mist, and ask my buddy to score me some L.S.D? Is that conspiracy? I represent a client and I was down here for W.M. a few years ago. I had a lot of fun."

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! THAT WAS SO CUTE!!!!!! He's trying to be "Hep," "Funky-funky fresh," "Bad," and "With it!" 1) The club is called "Mynt." Not Mist. It's been open for like 2.5 years? Mist! Cute! 2) Score some L.S.D.? To go to Mynt! HAHAHAHAHA! Awwwwww! I just want to pinch him! If I went to Mynt, tripping balls, I would curl up and die. Also, who "scores" anything anymore? And L.S.D.?! In Miami? You get an 8-ball before you go to Mynt, you don't "score" some psychadelics. 3) Awwww! He said "W.M." It was Winter Music Conference, and therefore, probably only the people who grew up here or went to school here had any idea what he was talking about...I could just imagine him scurrying into club Space at 3 in the morning, being jostled around. I turned to my friend Lili and said, "I just took some pills and now I feel really happy!" I guess you had to be there.

No, but really. I think this guy is adorable. My tone of voice for this entire blog is "awwwww! that's soooo cute!" He's just nervous, but today, he broke the ice. Tomorrow, he'll be even more comfortable with us. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm willing to overlook the fact that this guy has the personality of a shopping cart because occasionally when he's not spitting law at us as fast as he can, he's a lil' cutie!! I still miss Jeff, though. If I could combine them both into one, I'd have a cute lil' guy, busting with personality. I guess then we'd just have me teaching the class because that's what I am. Zinggg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home