I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just a thought...

Since they've banned all lighters on all flights - lighters and matches, past the security checkpoints...

Doesn't it seem rather counterintuitive that the Miami International "Airport" has smoking patios adjacent to the gates, past security? Isn't that a rather sad commentary on the current FAA rules, enforcement of those rules, policies, and...you know...obviously Miami's International Disgrace? Hell, I brought not one, but TWO lighters through security and no one batted an eyelash. I also brought a razor.

That's right.

I didn't violate these rules intentionally...I just never remember all these stupid things that seem like necessary everyday life amenities, that are suddenly verboten on an airplane. I mean, forbidding lighters in checked baggage? Or razors? That's bunk. Is there even a way to get from the cabin into the baggage area on the plane?! I don't think so.

The bottom line is, I snuck shit through security that I shouldn't have been able to sneak through. If they had asked me to give them up, I would have done so willingly. Furthermore...Miami International Airport, like most other places in Miami, seems to openly scoff at Federal Rules. At least, I thought so as I went into the designated (and crowded) smoking area, fired up my lighter, and took a drag on my cigarette, as I stared back at the signs at the security gate I had just skipped through with signs blaring "FEDERAL REGULATIONS FORBID MATCHES AND LIGHTERS BEYOND THIS POINT."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home