I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, November 03, 2005

NPR.

For being cracked out when I wrote that last blog on Hurricane Wilma, it was pretty good. Oh, sure, there are things I see it it now that I would change, but given that I don't remember writing the damn thing, I'd say it was pretty good.

I want to write like someone on NPR from now on, I think.

I'm going to work on that in the future. I always listen to those broadcasts where people read their essays on NPR, and I think they sound great. I want to start honing my blogging style to fit in that genre. I really enjoy the... oh rats. Of course at THIS moment, I lose focus and vocabulary.

Oh well... Coming Next: An Insightful Essay on Something, as practice for the day when you turn on the radio and there I am, wryly and dryly observing like David Sedaris or Sarah Vowell...

P.S. Books I've read and enjoyed in the last two weeks:
~ A Million Little Pieces by David Frey
~ The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green by Joshua Braff
~ Jenny and the Jaws of Life by Jincy Willett

That is all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kara Alison said...

Dude! That's so funny. I was just going to recommend "A Million Little Pieces" because of your comment at the beginning of the post (Something about being too cracked out to remember, hmmm??)

Anyway, just started it, but it's great. Very real insights into the mind of an addict - and dental work without anesthetic - bleh.

5:37 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Oof. I just finished it. It's a great book, but very difficult to read at times. You're gonna love it, K-diggity! :)

9:37 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

We download This American Life and listen to it on the IPod. Highly recommended for car trips.

8:18 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

When did we all get so fucking old? Check out Meaghan Kyle's blog, though, she started addressing the "we're aging" problem. Still, I sort of like it...

4:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home