I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Saturday, October 14, 2006

YOU WOULD THINK...

So...I went to Syms today, and I found myself a nice Laundry shirt, that originally retailed for $165.00, reduced to $25.00. It's a fine shirt, but I only bought it because I made myself a hundred forty bucks on it. (That's the way Jews think about bargains.)

YOU WOULD THINK, that for nearly two hundred dollars for a buttondown shirt of similar quality to anything else you could buy out there... that they would give you an assload of collar stays. For $200.00, they should give you a lifetime subscription to CollarStays weekly, delivering free collar stays to your home and/or business.

But no.

How many collar stays did my shirt come with?

One.

One stay.

I should note that this particular shirt has TWO points to the collar.

And yet, they couldn't give me another shard of plastic valued at .0001 cents?

What fucking bullshit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

maybe that's why it was marked down. you get what you pay for.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger some guy said...

do they still have that one giant dressing room?

4:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would go back and demand a collar stay; see if the people working there even know what a collar stay is!

8:17 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

It was probably marked down b/c it was last season's shirt. :) But the stay collar was sealed...all the original tags were intact.

Some Guy: Yes. They still have that godawful "Filene's Basement Circa 1964" dressing room. Nothing I like better than to try on a suit in front of a whole bunch of other half-dressed people. ::awkward::

Abby - They have no idea what one is. And I don't know how to say that in Spanish. :) On a completely unrelated note, Julie and I are about to book the room!! Hot'lanna, here I come!

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

I don't think of clothes as having a season- beyond "linen for summer, cotton for winter" But then if they weren't such pacifists I'd be a Mennonite and wear the same thing every day.

7:22 AM

 
Blogger King of the Cats said...

Good deal.

Men's Wearhouse (or however they spell it) will give you a handfull of those things for free (the stays, not shirts).

9:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home