I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Well. I can say that I helped make law.

I can now die knowing that I made the world a slightly better place. At least cleaner, and less inconvenient.

When I worked with the City of Miami Beach (in a sector thereof) I did a lot of the base research and rough drafting of an ordinance for Miami Beach to ban excessive handbilling, but remain within the limits of the Constitution.

I suggested places that the Beach should ban the practice, so that it would operate within the law, and still give promoters an opportunity to handbill (except in places where there is little foot traffic, basically making it a fruitless venture.)

Well. It looks like my work is about to become a law! And essentially untouched, but slightly expanded upon. Who fucking knew!?

Text here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home