I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I swear I didn't do this to be pretentious...

"If the conditions change, different types of individuals may now survive or reproduce better and become "naturally selected," with the result that the population undergoes evolutionary change. A classic example is the development of industrial melanism in British Moths: darker moth individuals became relatively commoner than paler individuals as the environment became dirtier during the 19th century, because dark moths resting on a dark, dirty tree were more likely than contrasting pale moths to escape the attention of predators. Much as the Industrial Revolution changed the environment for moths, farming changed the environment for plants."

Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies.

By Jared Diamond.

Now:

This is the game:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
4. Name of the book and the author
5. Tag three people

I tag all of you. GO! GO FORTH AND BLOG!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am bored for you.

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

oh you did so.

10:54 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

No, really, that's the only book on my desk that currently has 120 pages or more. (And that had three sentences after the fift one on Page 123 that made any sort of sense - the other book was McSweeny's Mountain Dance Moves. No one would have understood those three sentences...

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

"No, really, that's the only book on my desk that currently has 120 pages or more."

I'm not saying it. I'm not. I'm going to let someone else say it. That's what I'm going to do.

1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happens if the book closest to you is the same book that is closest to me?

great minds, bee. great minds...

5:34 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Laura:

You're reading that book for FUN!? I hated that book. HATED IT. (I also hated The African Storyteller for which I had to read that book. Stupid Prof. Harold "I'm CRAAAZY!" Scheub.

RT:

I'm going to give you a big, wet raspberry, that's what I'm going to do! A big, wet raspberry!

Meg:

This is getting eerie. I don't even know you... but I love you...

6:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home