I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What I will write about Peter Paul and Mary.

I saw Peter Paul and Mary tonight. I don't have time now, but when I do, I will write about:

1) How I'm just about done with Miami Jewish Federation and their maudlin, preachy HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTE APPEAL FOR MONEY to a captive audience waiting to see elderly folk singers;

2) How Peter Paul and Mary started out REALLY rusty, but then got great, and I'm really glad I saw them, and I'm glad that when we left prematurely, the last song we heard was "Where have all the Flowers Gone?"

3) How they're all OLD AS HELL. And poor Mary walks with a cane, and has short hair because she had leukemia and had to have a marrow (Yarrow?) transplant.

4) How I threw a glass of wine on a partner at Stearns Weaver and a sponser of this event (She's a big deal, apparently) and touched her ass as I wiped it off.

When I get time, I will fill you in on all that stuff.

I will also fill you in on how they looked EXACTLY like they belonged in "A Mighty Wind" (except for Mary, who looked...not like she belonged there.) And I will fill you in on how Peter lost his voice. And how I knew almost EVERY SONG THEY SANG. Who knew I knew so much Peter Paul and Mary? I guess it stands to reason, seeing as how my parents were at the last part of the Hippie movement...

The end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Great recap of events!

That guy sitting next to me at the event (during peter, paul and mary) is this guy I know that works at the federation and I could not stop laughing when he was singing along to the music....normally that guy is really cool and suddenly i was like what is up with your love for peter, paul and mary???

11:46 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I, too, loved them. But he was REALLY getting into Puff the Magic Dragon...

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't "where have all the flowers gone?" by the kingston trio? i mean....JAY-Z RULES, YO.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I believe they also did a version, but PP&M have been singing "Flowers" for 46 years (according to them...)

I mean... WHOOO EVIL KANYEVEL IS THE SHIZZLE, FO' NIZZLE.

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home