I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Monday, February 12, 2007

Saturday

I took advantage of Join One See Them All on Saturday, to get into Vizcaya for free. Vizcaya is one of my favorite places in Miami, although usually when I'm there, I'm wasted and breaking my nose on Halloween.

As I had never really gotten acquainted with the fancy digital macro features on my camera, I took the opportunity to go to the Gardens and poke around. Here are some of my pictures. Yeah, they're boring Landscapey pics... someday I'll take a class on proper composition.

What I really love, though, are the Edwardian, Goreyesque Urns and Obelisks everywhere...






















6 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

oooh I love that place.

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

I really like the first picture- the way the branch frames the door.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Bricks and Porter said...

Dude, you are like the Georgia O'Keeffe of photography. But instead of flowers that look like lady parts, you work with weiner imagery. Seriously though. A ton of phalli at the Viczaya.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger Hulles said...

Phalliful imagery indeed. But you certainly didn't have any composition problems with the first picture. It's a marvelous photograph. Nice work. (All of it.)

4:44 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Shawn - Join one, see 'em all! I'm going to go back next Saturday to take foto-grafs. If you're interested, let me know.

RT - Thank you! That's what we call "an accident." But I like the way it came out. In fact, most of my good pictures are "accidents."

Sigh - Yeah, lots of pillars and obelisks. But I didn't look at them as phallic imagery. Instead... I imagined a Roman funerary urn perched atop one of the Obelisks falling onto Dame Regina Worthington-Bletchley as she hit a croquet ball through a wicket. (Again - Edward Gorey.) Also, there's just something about the juxtaposition of what I consider to be such English Manorhouse decoration in a tropical setting...

Hulles - Thank you! I have more coming soon; my friend and I are going to wander Miami Beach photographing it soon... it's one of our "Things" that we're going to do. I'll post my work.

7:12 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

I will have to decline your offer for this coming saturday - I'm going to VEGAS! YAY!!!! But let's go another time!

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home