I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Friday, June 01, 2007

Seriously? Forty years?

The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper Album debuted 40 years ago. The Washington Post does a great job of breaking down why, exactly, everyone and their grandmother enjoys not only this album... but the Beatles in general. Go on. Name one person who doesn't like them... and who doesn't, by some strange form of osmosis, know the words to most of their songs...

The Beatles cause significant changes in our brain chemistry. Probably because when they wrote the album...they were also experiencing significant changes in their brain chemistry. And who doesn't like to have a brain chemistry change every now and then, eh?

And for those of you who are my age... isn't it odd to think that this Album was only 13 years old when we were born?! Oooooh! Spooky!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Very cool article.

6:45 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

I was 2 when it came out.

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Lollie said...

Mmhmmm - 3. Thank for that. I'm going to leave my laptop for the moment and go and check my crowsfeet.

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home