I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Monday, January 07, 2008

What to eat when you're poor.

This was tasty.

Dump an eyeful of olive oil into a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sliver half a medium onion. Toss it in, and cook it just until it starts getting golden.

Throw in a handful of raisins.

Cook.

Throw in the last 1/3 of a bag off bulk chorizo you have, and smash it with the back of a spatula.

Dash in a couple dashes of Angostura bitters and a few shakes of hot paprika.

Cook.

Dash in some dried cilantro, cumin, chili powder and Jamaican Pickapeppa sauce.

Fry until it gets dark.

Splash in cider vinegar.

Curse when you remember that cider vinegar reacts in a cast iron skillet.

Pour in some chicken broth to deglaze, and boil it off.

Toss in two cups of leftover cooked brown rice, and raise the heat to high.

Fry, fry, fry! Stir, flip and fold!

When it starts smelling done (a little burnt) pull it off the heat, and enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

That sounds intense. I'd probably add an egg or two, but then I'm fond of chorizo and eggs.

4:27 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I have... no eggs. :) Otherwise I would have added an egg... but as a caveat, if I added an egg, I would NOT cook it in a cast iron skillet.

I've already learned that lesson once...

5:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home