I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I could get used to this.

I have a Deposition Training Seminar today, tomorrow and Saturday. The Saturday class I could do without, but whatever -- it's "Billable" hours or at least hours to make my October, which started strong, but then wherein I burned out, look more respectable...

I digress. Yesterday, when I left work, I thought the class started today at 8:30 a.m.

BOY WAS I WRONG! It starts at 1 p.m.! I effectively got a half day off work! And you know what? Waking up when I want to (8:40 - still respectable) doing chores (folding laundry, making breakfast) and getting a jump on the day that starts at 1... is sort of AWESOME.

I wonder what kind of job I could have where I worked from 1-6 p.m. and still made the money I make...? (Which, believe me, still isn't enough.)

Hmmm. Drug Dealing? (I'd get my bar license revoked, and I don't think I'd do well in Jail.); Pimping? (I might be okay at that.) Whoring? (Eh. Too much time in the gym...) Smuggling Cubans into the Country? (Again - Jail. And the possibility of being shot by the Coast Guard.) When we were little, my friend Laura wanted to work in a Peanutbutter Factory. She's now the general manager of a restaurant in Napa, but Peanutbutter factory could still be a good route for me...

On a related note, my pal is fingering me for something having to do with Heeb Magazine. It's all very cryptic right now, but I'm interested to know what she's hatching in her sleeve. (Eeesh. That's a creepy visual - I messed up that idiom, that's fer darn sure!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home