I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Super Giant - 1964



Photograph taken from The Shorpy Blog.

Click on it to enlarge it. I miss Giant. I guess it's gone downhill since I haven't lived in Maryland, and since it was sold to a Dutch Grocery Company, but growing up, if we weren't shopping for our monthly big trip at the Commissary at Ft. Meade, or driving into Baltimore to get kosher meat from Seven Mile Market, we went to Giant.

Specifically, first the Giant on York Road in Towson, and then the Giant at Hickory Ridge.

When I moved to Miami, it took me a while to replace, "I've got to go to the Giant" to "I've got to go to Publix." I'm not sure why it's "The Giant" and not "I've got to go to Giant," but whatever.

I love the range of detail in this picture. I also love the Brachs Candy display.

I haven't seen one of those since the 80s...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home