I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I. Love. This. Weather.

This weather is AWESOME. And, thanks to my stint in Massachusetts (I can finally spell that correctly!) my blood thickened up a little bit, and I can really TRULY embrace weather that falls into the 40s and 30s - Instead of crying like a little bitch whenever the temperature dips below 60.

Years back I bought a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's Mint Schnapps to pour into cocoa, because it was a drink I used to love in college (where it was super. duper. cold.) And the poor bottle sat. Unopened. For years. Because who wants to drink a minty hot chocolate drink in Florida, normally? Not I, McFly.

But tonight was Chocolate-Mint-Cocoa-Night, as the thermometer in my house read 65!

So, I melted chocolate chips with milk and vanilla and sugar and salt, and a generous splash of Dr. McGillicuddy's Mint Schnapps...

And it was taaaaasty! And brought back memories of college at Madison, and huge jug thermoses full of Minty-Schnappsy cocoa. And being drunk. Constantly.

I'm sure the next time I crack the top of the McGillicuddy's bottle, I'll have grey around my temples. But it'll be tasty then, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This past weekend I drank a Barack O Chocolate, while my Mom enjoyed a Michelle Mint O Chocolate. Who doesn't love inauguration themed hot chocolaty goodness?

10:30 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I think everyone loves it, Laura. Except raging right-wing conservatives who have sour grapes. They might not like Obama-themed chocolate drinks. : )

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home