I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Boner.

You might say I got stiffed tonight.

Har-har-har. Puns.

No, seriously. Tonight was the Office Christmas Party. Normally at the Office Christmas party, we receive an envelope. In past years, it was the equivalent of two months' salary, not bad considering we were a small outfit.

Last year it was a grand... which, not to sound snotty, but... what the hell.

This year... it was a filet mignon, and an unwanted extra glass of champagne (compliments of our Client, in whose restaurant we had our Christmas party.)

Awesome. A gain of four pounds and a hangover.

Not to sound ungrateful, but I'm going to sound ungrateful.

Yeah, yeah, economy is shit, tanking blah blah blah. You wouldn't know it from my workload. I'm busy as fuck, and I'm billing at least 160 hours a month for those guys. That's a maximum potential take, from my efforts of $36K/month.

It's not my problem if we collect it or not... I'm not the one who chooses the Clients. If they don't pay, why am I doing their shit?

It's like... if I'm profitable to the tune of $432,000/year, give or take... gimmie a fuckin' bonus. Or don't make us go to special "courses" to address our "goals" and our "growth."

At this point know what my goal is? To go somewhere else that pays me more, so when I get shafted on a Christmas Bonus, I could give a rat's ass, because, you know, I'm not scrounging day-to-day, and I can afford CABLE. (As it stands, I haven't had cable since August. Because I can't afford it. Discuss.)

Thanks for the steak. But I would rather have had the $70.00 my meal cost you, so I could have gone out to dinner with my friends...

8 Comments:

Blogger jonphiwil said...

I feel your pain. We aren't even having a Christmas party at all this year thanks to the wonderful economy (last year was dinner for the entire firm at Ruth's Chris...). Definitely crappy.

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you serious??? that is insane. I hope you at least got a raise.

- Shawn

7:54 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Jon - Yeah. We're all starting to feel the effects...

Shawn - raise? What raise? Are you joking? Hee-hee-hee!

8:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I got a bottle of Sky Vodka and some chocolates as my bonus!

10:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-men sister.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

We don't have Christmas parties here. No. Fried chicken costs too much, and Management might have to mingle with Hourly, which is icky. SD has declared privately that when he's president of the company, there will be raises and bonuses for all, and lots of fried chicken.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger JCo1280 said...

(1) Pls see the pic from my company's party on fbook and tell me how you're quitting your important lawyer job to go work for the medical field, which, as yet, hasn't felt the effects as much as other fields;
(2) Our bonuses are never big. So that's what you lawyer GET! Or something.
(3) Fancy drinks on me on Thurs?! :)

7:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

++ Excellent ++ post. Your attitude is dead on, and your position is sound. Loved it.

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home