I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Monday, February 09, 2009

The Facebook Thing - Posted.

That 25 Things has been going around Facebook. So, I finally did it. Here it is, for everyone else's benefit that's not my Facebook buddy. Because I know you're all sooooooooooo interested in learning all about me.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1) I will not eat dark meat chicken, or meat on the bone. Period. It skeeves me out. I want to think my meat grew on a MeatBush and don't want to think about it being wrapped around other organic structures in a once-living animal.

2) Along the same lines, I do not eat anything that lives in water or sand, because when I was two, my scientist father gutted a trout in front of me to show me what was inside. Parenting Fail. I was traumatized, and haven't eaten (and enjoyed) fish since. Also, it's what made me gay.

3) I have an attachment to terrible neighborhoods and urban decay. I will go out of my way to drive through a bad neighborhood. Wynwood, and Biscayne Boulevard, before they were cleaned up, were some of my favorite places to go. I still like going to West Wynwood... it's still dicey and scary there.

4) I still have my Trisha and Blankey from childhood. I'm not sure I'll ever give them up. They sleep under the bed - with the dust bunnies.

5) I wish I had more wall space, so I could collect more art. I'm currently at capacity, unless I start hanging things on the ceiling.

6) I will never think of myself as a grownup.

7) I drink.

8) I'm attracted to the thrill of the chase, and instantly become disinterested in whatever I'm after if it comes too easy.

9) My best friends are people that, upon meeting them, I thought I'd have to work hard to make like me.

10) I adore commas. I think a comma-happy sentence is a sentence in which the writer is communicating the true essence of the sentence.

11) I used to be convinced I wanted kids. Now, I'm not so sure - I may be too selfish.

12) I loathe voicemail. Right now, mine is full. And that's just. the way. I like it. If it's important, the person will send me a text.

13) I sweat more than you. A lot more than you, probably. But only in humid temperatures. Which is why I made a smart decision in moving to Miami.

14) I'm still in Miami because my drive and energy ran out when law school ended. There was simply no way I could endure taking finals, packing and selling a condominium, moving home, and studying for another bar, in the space of 1 week. I've accepted the fact that I still live here, and since moving to the Beach, I'm much happier. But I never saw myself ending up here, temporarily, even.

15) Unless I start installing high shelving in my place, I have acquired the maximum amount of clutter I can have, without it being overkill, and looking like I live in a Bennigan's. Right now, I think I'm okay: my little brother told me this weekend, "I'm perfectly happy not going anywhere, and just standing here, staring at your stuff, and out your windows."

16) Bad spelling and bad grammar are fatal flaws to me. I once got a card from someone that read "your" where there should have been "you're" and it was the final straw that made me end the relationship.

17) I can turn the world on with my smile. I can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile.

18) I would love to learn to speak Dutch.

19) I was almost decapitated by a passing train in Scotland when I was 16 years old.

20) My father was the Baltimore Colt. Seriously. The Mascot. And my Uncle thought he was St. Jerome. (Ten Points to you if you got that GhostBusters reference.)

21) I cannot leave the herb section in the grocery store without buying cilantro, which I will not consume, rather, will allow to rot in the fridge, and throw away.

22) I still don't know my right from my left.

23) Sometimes, I think I'm not having enough fun for someone my age, but then I step back and realize that in one weekend, I usually do more than other people do in a month, and that it's just this odd South-Beach reality-warp distortion fucking with my mind.

24) Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel has my dream job. My other dream job is to write feature articles for Esquire or GQ Magazine or the New York Times Travel Section. Someday.

25) I'm not scared of anything creepy and crawly, except bugs. Lizards, snakes, salamanders, mice, pose no problems for me. Love 'em. Think they're cute. But bugs (roaches and millipedes, in particular, as well as those HUGE mangrove spiders we have down here) send me into silent-screaming, shuddering panic. I do, however, like certain bugs - like Praying Mantis and Rolly-Polys.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Honey. Makes me miss you. I, too, am a comma freak, FYI!

6:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home