I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well, I'm off.

This is the winter of "Travel To Terrible Places To Go in the Wintertime!"

Between Grandma bitin' it in Massachusetts in mid-January, and my T-Minus seven-hours-away trip to Peoria, IL for a dear friend of mine's wedding... it makes me grateful that I live in sunny South Beach...

Because otherwise, I'd just be going from horribly cold, depressing place, to horribly cold depressing place. At least the cold is a reprieve for me.

This weekend is going to be a di-saster. And I mean that in the best possible way. This is going to be the closest thing to a college reunion my friends and I will be able to wangle, and we were a hard-drinkin' crowd back then, and we remain a hard-drinkin' crowd now.

Hopefully, I'll survive. And hopefully, my flight out of Chicago on Sunday night will be canceled due to some plane malfunction, making American Airlines put me up there for the night, so I have an excuse to take off work on Monday...

Because Monday ain't gonna be pretty. Neither is Sunday. Or Saturday, for that matter.

Spare liver packed? Check. Mid-Western Accent re-activated? Check.

Oh, ya, hey!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

Peoria...wow. I didn't know anyone went there voluntarily.

1:17 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

It wasn't that bad. And the wedding was KICK-ASS!

8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home