I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Here is a List of Things I Hate:

I guess I'm in a "depressed" stage of my undiagnosed mild Manic-Depressive disorder, meaning I'm exhausted, have no concentration, and have nothing nice to say about anything; on the plus side, two weeks ago, I felt great. But these last two weeks, I've been in a downward spiral. So, although I've tried to be cheery, I don't think that's in the cards for this...three week spate.

So, here's a list of things I hate:

~ Roaches.
~ Andie McDowell.
~ People who tell me to cheer up.
~ Berets.
~ Fish and Seafood. (Although I like them when they're alive!)
~ Currently: Miami.
~ People who clap when a plane lands.
~ Taking depositions.
~ How getting your luggage at MIA invariably takes at least an hour.
~ Speakerphone.
~ Flat caps - especially on women.
~ Skittles.
~ Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep.
~ My neighbor, Nelson.
~ Dog poop.
~ People who cut across lanes of traffic to get in the left lane, only to cruise at the speed limit or below.
~ When all you want is a bowl of cereal, but the milk has juuuust gone bad.
~ Jagermeister.
~ Cancer.
~ People who don't pop gum before they make out with you.
~ Being itchy.
~ Being sweaty.
~ Being sweaty in Miami, because it never dries.
~ Inexplicable traffic jams.
~ Burning myself.
~ The people who fish on the canal outside my building, and yell all the time.
~ Folding laundry.
~ Biting on something hard in a hamburger.
~ People who don't silence their phones during movies.
~ People who talk during movies. And people who text.
~ Demolition of old buildings.
~ The smell of low tide.
~ Jellyfish stings.
~ Hangovers.
~ People who flake out on plans.
~ People in cars who don't give you when you're riding your bike.
~ Those little white bumps you get on your tongue when you eat too much citrus.
~ Humidity.
~ The lack of blackout shades in my apartment.
~ The fact that I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a year.
~ The bus. Specifically, the ones that pass my place.
~ Those counting-down street signs. "WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. WAIT TO CROSS ALTON ROAD. TWENTY-FOUR, TWENTY-THREE, TWENTY-TWO..."
~ Plant fungus.
~ That baby giggle ringtone.
~ Squash.
~ The taxis that double-park on Bay Road in the mornings in front of the Flamingo.
~ Being behind taxis in general.
~ Having part of the heel of my shoe fall off today, right before Court.
~ Broken glass.
~ Unnecessary honking.
~ Applebee's.
~ Listening to John McCain and/or George W. Bush speak.
~ Sleeping through a hotel's free Continental breakfast.
~ Opposing counsel.
~ Saying the word "food."
~ People who use the back of my seat on a plane, to help themselves stand up.
~ Hot Chip's New Album.
~ Friend attrition.
~ Harvey Wallbangers.
~ Horses.
~ Long John Silver's.
~ .........................................................

That's it for today. I'll come up with some more things I hate for tomorrow.

15 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

Oh cheer up! You just need to think positive! Have some clams! Have some Skittles!

They have drugs for that, you know.

The good news is, whatever your mood is, it will change. That's the beauty of it.

2:26 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

LOL!

I know they have pills for it, but the last time I went on Crazypills I gained 40 pounds and lost my MoJo.

Everyone else just seems so... externally stable. While I know internally I'm pretty much like a rocking ship...

Also, I really loathe my job. I think that's a lot of it. But since I'm in this "bleh" phase, I can't even dig myself out and take constructive steps to apply for a new one. I really just want to quit, and stay home sleeping. Or move back home with my parents and spend my days crying in their basement.

5:28 PM

 
Anonymous Josh Stein said...

I was just talking about this to a friend at Finnigans tonight. I think everyone is going through a weird phase now. Everyone seems really stressed and uncertain about things. Hopefully it's a phase.

9:38 PM

 
Anonymous Lauren said...

For this post (and various other things), I love you.

7:54 AM

 
Blogger Ashley said...

I have found new hope in life knowing that you have found more things to hate than me. Or maybe the things I hate are just too rude to say on the Internet.

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

"Everyone else just seems so... externally stable. While I know internally I'm pretty much like a rocking ship"

For this statement alone I love you. I was thinking just this morning how the whole world seems to have their collective act together and I'm like a balloon blown up and let go without tying it off.
You are SO not the only one.

I got on a new med for the bipolar, dropped 20 of the 50 pounds I gained on lithium, and TOTALLY got my mojo back. Pissed me off, too, because I wondered why they didn't put me on it 15 years ago.

2:08 PM

 
Blogger Yono Senada said...

Superbee,
I wish I could share a little smile with ya. Remember we all live lives of quiet desperation ... somebody said that, I think. We need to make lemonade out of the mangoes down here. Peace and try to smile! :)

1:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one is stable, silly! You know that! It is like when you graduate from college and everyone says how much they love their jobs and you feel like a loser b/c yours sucks, the grind sucks, etc.! Then, low and behold, they go and apply for new ones just 6 mos. later or go to grad school. They hated their jobs afterall! (just like everyone else) They were lying! So are all the "stable" people! They are acting!!! You are doing fine!!

10:15 AM

 
Anonymous AdvisorGirl said...

No No No SuperBee,

You are funny and smart and a brilliant writer. The Q BBQ piece alone has made you a hero for life among THOUSANDS of my friends... If we weren't equally random and unfocused as a generation, we'd organize and actually worship you via a digital bumblebee effigy of the SuperBee Girl in that old-timey Blind Melon video.

http://www.poet.org/music/artwork/blind_melon/blind_melon.jpg

Buck up little camper. MANY people love you out here in the internets.

Also, I like Skittles and think of them as M&Ms for vegetarians.

Just sayin' ...

xxx, AdvisorGirl

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Hoby said...

do you dislike squash the game r squash the vegetable or both....just need to clarify....

7:50 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Josh - I sure hope so. I received some good(bad) news lately, which really cheered me up, so... there's always that.

LMy- For many things, I love you.

Ashley - I'm fairly certain you hate more stuff than I do. You're just not allowed to talk about it in polite company. ; )

RT - The unvalved balloon analogy is excellent. And for that (among other reasons, even though I've never met you) I love you.

Yono - I just have to survive past May 20, and then I should be...a little better? I'm trying to smile through the worry lines.

AG - Gracias! Aww. You made my day with that post.

Hobart - Only the vegetable (gourd?). And only eating it. I like looking at festive autumn cornucopias adorned with gourds and squash. Re: the game? I have too many friends who wear pants with whales on them to hate squash the game. Ambivalent? Maybe. Hate? No.

9:19 AM

 
Anonymous Amanda said...

OMG! there is somebody else in this wide world who puts andie mcdowell toward the top of a list of hates! i am not alone!

10:52 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Amanda - her, and Diane Keaton. HATE.

4:52 AM

 
Blogger Colin said...

Phew. I was a little worried about the squash thing.

I hate most of the things on your list. Even some things I never realized, like folding laundry. I really don't like it. I hate Julia Roberts because of her presentation of the Best Actor Oscar the year that Denzel won it:

-opens envelope-
"I love my life."

And Progressive Insurance commercials. Maybe more than anything.

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Colin said...

I was just thinking to myself "I really love whole milk." You should do a list of things you love, I think. Balance out the universe.

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home