I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Boom, Boom, Pow!

Today, three J.A.P.S. loaded into my Mercedes to go to Doral to shoot Berettas. Uzis were expensive to rent ($70) and would have flown through ammunition.

We went to Ace's Indoor Shooting Range & Pro Gun Shop 2105 NW 102nd Place
Doral, FL 33172-2519, which, I have to say, was an absolutely great experience.

The staff are young and friendly, and jokey and they basically have any gun you could possibly want to rent there. They give you (we probably bought?) eye and ear protection, and you buy your bullets and your targets (they had zombies!) and we spent an afternoon shooting things. Which. Was. AWESOME.

I was going to write more in this post - something about the amount of trust you put in other people when you go to a gun range, not to go berzerk and shoot other people, and the amount of trust you have to have in yourself not to accidentally shoot your face off, or hurl the gun away from you, when a Beretta shell goes flying from the gun into your face... but as this diet is leaving me shaky, and unable to form coherent sentences, I leave it at that.

Ace's Indoor Shooting Range - two thumbs up!

Next weekend, maybe I'll bring the gays...

6 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

YAY for shooting things! I've never been to an indoor range, choosing instead to use the field behind the house...and never shot an Uzi but did put a crease in my forehead with a .44 S&W pistol (ouch!) Next time (haw) you're in Statesboro we'll go to the bit behind the plant and blow holes in a tree. no one will mess with you if you're armed with Harriet (my revolver)

4:51 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I'd be kinda worried about a field... what if I accidentally shot someone... I don't know how far bullets would travel if un...blocked.

Next time I'm in Statesboro, I'd love go to revolver shooting with you. : )

5:13 PM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

They don't travel far, I use low velocity rounds and at the other side of the field is a dam. So, no worries. I don't want to hit someone any more than you do!

5:14 AM

 
Anonymous AdvisorGirl said...

Super:

LOVE the first 2 and think you might crop out the top banner of the third and like it more. I have a similar addiction to carnival banners and likewise an aversion to public displays of physical fitness so you are NOT alone...

http://www.hammergallery.com/Banners/vintage_side_show_banners_4.htm

AG

4:13 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Advisor - those posters are AWESOME! If I had known about them, I would have bought THOSE for my office!

7:10 PM

 
Anonymous AdvisorGirl said...

Super:

The real ones are painted on canvas the size of a tent flap at a carny sideshow. THAT's what I collect. Carny art. Cause I want something truly impossible to find or else my house would look more like an episode of HOARDERS than it already does.


BTW you blog is the best thing ever.

Evvvvvv - Errr.

I read the Q American BBQ post out loud whenever I am having a bad day. Next time you get blue, remember that your words are like Drunken-Dalai- Lama Love Nuggets of Hope'nSunshine to anonymous strangers on the interwebs.

AG

7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home