I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Monday, November 21, 2005

First and Second.

First, I'd like to give a shoutout to all the phone calls I got about the Target post. People on both coasts told me how crappy their Targets are. Score one for the Beester.

I like that nickname. Please call me "The Beester" from now on.

Miamuh dodged another 'cane, thank god, and now I'm fixin' to get my shit together to go home for Thanksgiving! Skiz!

My house is a disaster, and I have no idea what to do with all the mail I've been getting...it's adult mail, the kind that you don't throw away, but I have no filing cabinet! Crap! I guess I'll just have to cave and buy one.

Along those same notes: I hate all the furniture in my house. Well, that's sort of a lie...but it's all very painful to go shopping and see things that are actually buyable, and think "No, I have to save my money because soon I have to buy a new car and pay back my seventy grand worth of college and law school debt." (Yes, I know, I'm one of the very fortunate ones that has below 100K worth of debt, but still 70K isn't that great either...)

But P.S. I've found a store: American Signature Home, way down Bird, I think. Yes, I think it's Bird Road and "the" 826, in the same shopping center as the Best Buy and the Huuuge Publix - anyway - that store is fucking amazing. They have some really cool stuff, and it's actually very affordable! I'm a sucker for glass, and they have it in spades. I want to replace my behemoth coffee table with something a bit more manageable, and get a stand for my beautiful HDTV, which is sitting sadly on the floor awaiting its own piece of furniture.

If I don't go out carousing much this weekend, maybe I'll save enough money to buy a new TV stand... a good one.

Which brings me to my next dilemma: do I start investing in real furniture? I have two Wassilly chairs, which are my pride and joy. I have a futon which is careening towards "Dumpsville." My dining room set is good, minimalist, and I think I can change the seatbacks when I get around to painting my house...

My bedroom is an Ode to Target Desks and Bed Bath & Beyond Stainless Steel Kitchen Shelves.
Really. It's horrible.

I want to start collecting some nice, solid Arts and Crafts pieces, either those, or some nice Mid-Century Modern pieces... not really sure where I'm going with decorating. Cold and minimalist or warm and Frank Lloyd Wrighty...

The bottom line, however, is if I start amassing furniture down here, it means that I'm really going to stay in Miami, which, is a terrifying thought!

I don't want to stay down here! But already I can't fathom how to leave, and I know that's just going to get worse the longer I stay!

I really have to just bite the goddamn bullet. I need to waive into D.C. and see if I can take MD this Summer, and NY next winter.

Because honestly? I really don't want to stay down here. And I'm really sick of always living far away from where most of my friends live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home