I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Office Passe-able

Have you ever noticed how some of the clothes that you used to wear for going out... become officewear once they're passe?! Like how things you won't wear today with clothing you actually want to wear, you're perfectly happy to wear to the office... but it was once that you used to wear them out at night?

Isn't that funny? How mildly-out-of date clothes aren't acceptable for having plans that you WANT, but that's their next incarnation? (At least in the time when we had boring going out clothes, like striped and solid shirts...)

Weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

hehee...I consider the stuff I bought 10 years ago acceptable for going out, because "going out" means Waffle House on Saturday morning before I buy groceries.

I avoid the whole "mildly out of date" issue by wearing nothing but classic cut blue jeans and solid color button up shirts. If you're always out of date, then you're never out of date.

4:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I always wear my Starter jacket over my hypercolor shirt to work.

6:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would get fired (even at my uber liberal place of employment) for wearing the slut-gear I used to wear out at night! Superbee, remember when I was skinny and hot?! Remember? And I could still pull off slut-gear in a cute way? Now I'd be one of those women that I roll my eyes at and make fun of for trying to pull something off that is just NOT kosher.

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home