I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oh, University of Miami Law.

I have two alma mater(s?). Wisconsin is the school I attended with pride. University of Miami-Law is the school that I gave a ton of money to, and could burn down tomorrow for all I care. It was a means to a piece of paper that was my ticket to sit for a test. I'll sooner cut out my liver and eat it than I'll give Miami money.

Still, the ole' Green n' Orange (or whatever our colors are... Poinciana and mold?) has been taking a bit of a hit this week. Which is not surprising, given, oh, many reason.

Anyway, emails are buzzing through cyberspace, crowing that a professor has allegedly been arrested for alleged solicitation of a prostitute. If that wasn't enough... now we have this:



If I had ever bothered to learn Miami's fight song, I'd sing it now. But... I never cared enough to learn it. So, instead, I'll just point and laugh while singing, "Varrrrrrsity... Varrrrrrsity... U-Rah-Rah, Wisssscoooooooonnnnnsiiiiinnnnnn, Praise tooooooooooooo thee we sing (We sing!). Praiiiiiiiiiise to thee our Al-Ma-Ma-Ter, Uuuu-Raaaaah-Raaaah, Wii-iii-iiis-coooooo-oooon-sin!"

What that song means, I'll never know. All I know is, it sounds creepy and old. I always thought our song should be "On Wisconsin!" but I guess that's our fight song... who knows... who cares anymore.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the guy and the whole thing surprised me, he always seemed pretty calm to me.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

I mean, c'mon. Everyone knows not to sass the Honorable Marilyn Milian.

5:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your paragraph about the schools and not giving a cent to UM is virtually verbatim to what I told someone yesterday when the UM Alumni magazine came.

I could easily insert "Penn State" for "Wisconsin" and feel 100% the same way.

7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home