I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Sunday, October 19, 2008

ONE THOUSAND POSTS



WELCOME TO MY THOUSANDTH POST

Yes, since February (I think?) of 2005, when I complained about the barber talking to me too much during a haircut, to my extolling sugar-free Fudgcicles, we've been through a lot together:

* finishin' law school;
* graduatin' law school;
* growin' a shitty beard;
* takin' the bar;
* gettin' a job;
* the last family vacation;
* shavin' off the shitty beard;
* a lil' surgery;
* passin' the bar;
* first time in Court;
* buyin' a new car;
* the demise of diagonally-stripy shirts as a viable going-out-wardrobe choice;
* breakin' up with the Ex;
* crushin' depression;
* whoring around (oof);
* that unfortunate detour into stained glass as a creative outlet;
* the loss of a nipple ring (don't worry, I still have one!)
* listin' my old place;
* gettin' suckered into an unwanted relationship;
* sellin' my old place;
* dissolution of friendships (permanently - for good; last straws, etc.);
* and buyin' my new place;
* dumpin' the poor guy (dumbass?) who fell in love with me (to his anguish and my unbridled joy);
* merging firms;
* the return of my Muttonchops;
* Art Basel cray-zay-ness;
* buyin' a coffee table;
* buyin' a couch;
* babies, babies n' more babies;
* weight gain;
* weddings;
* regret;
* goin' on crazypills;
* growing my hair out to unflattering and unadviseable lengths;
* comin' off crazy pills.

All of these just a few highlights of the last 1,000 posts.

Here's to 1,000 more!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Now get a cat.

4:59 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Thank you.

Now stop sounding like my mom.

If I get a cat, no one will EVER date me. In fact, if you'll refer to my list, post-Ex guy had a cat. Even though I like cats, it made me not like him (a little more than I already didn't like him).

5:32 PM

 
Blogger JCo1280 said...

excuse me... i have a cat. and i've had boyfriends since getting cats. promise. ;-)

6:57 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Yes. And you're a girl. Which is COMPLETELY different. Girls are expected to have cats. Guys are not. With single girls, having a cat is cute. With single guys, having a cat is not.

In fact, I'm going to post the picture of you I drew in law school, re: cats.

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Two things:
1. Don't get a cat.
2. Shouldn't this post really be celebrating the fact that your readers have read 1000 posts by you? You should be congratulating US.

8:09 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Mike:

1) You just don't want me to get one, because it eliminates a free place for you and Vanessa to stay if you visit M.I.A., because you're allergic...

2) It hasn't been THAT much of a chore, has it? Anyway, congrats on reading 1,000 posts.

5:06 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm too tired to come up with anything witty to write right now, but I wanted you to know I'm still reading and appreciate your 1,000 posts (or at least 598 of them). :)

4:23 PM

 
Blogger some guy said...

nice. congrats. far more posts than me.

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home