I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thanks, Roku!

I just got me The Roku, allowing me to watch whatever's on my Netflix Insta-Watch Queue on my projector, whenever I want to.

Sweet Charity somehow got into my Instant Queue, and, um, YAY, because it means I get to watch this on a big screen, with my kick-ass surround sound.

I've probably posted this before, but I'll post it again, because I think everything about this movie is a fantastic, stylized piece of art; especially, in this scene, the costumes (Thanks, Edith Head!) and the choreography (thanks, Bob Fosse!) I think, besides the filthy jazz, my next favorite part of this scene is how dead the girls' faces are.

I guess since most of our exposure to "Hey, Big Spender" is in a more innocent context, it was shocking for me to find out, the first time I watched the movie, that it's sung by hookers, looking to lure a John.

Don't watch it at work, so you can turn your speakers up.

"Oooooh, ya soooooo tawwwwl!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

Love, love love my roku. Love it.

3:22 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I echo your sentiments. LOVE it.

4:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home