I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm secretly uncreative and repetitive

I was looking through my sitemeter, and reading through old posts from this summer...

And this summer, I mentioned McDLT and the fact that the McLean Deluxe was like a Virginia Suburb of Washington.

And here I thought those were original thoughts of mine, that I just got today.

That's been happening a lot to me... I don't remember a lot of stuff that happens anymore. Maybe because I smoked a lot of dope in college. Maybe because I still drink too much. Lots of good times get filed into the "That was fun. Dump the memory after two weeks."

It's sad. I have a fantastic memory for random crap. Names of people I went to High School that are now Sexual Offenders (Thanks, Mike for the tip!) but now when I meet people, it takes me a minimum of three times to meet someone before I'll remember their name.

I wish I remembered stuff like I used to.

Curse you, McDLT for being a re-occurring theme in my blogs, making it painfully obvious to me that I'm aging!

And also, I need to start using eye cream. I'm getting smile lines around my eyes. Maybe I wouldn't get them if I would wear some sunscreen, and stop tanning like it was my job. But I do look faaaab-uuuu-lous when I have a healthy tan and my lush brown hair gets sunny blonde/red streaks in the front. I'm a cutie patootie. With forehead and eye wrinkles. What-evaaaa! Bo-Tox. I may mock it, but as soon as I have enough disposable dough, I'm getting my forehead shot up. I'm going for that Ellen Pompeo "Blank-Surprise" look.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

I have to show the post when I'm writing comments, because I can't remember what you said without it.

I think the memory issue is as much your brain parts getting full as anything. What we need is a good solid brain enema, something selective that will only flush the extraneous stuff without losing the necessary bits.

I've never thought about checking high school classmates for sex offenders. I know that one of them attacked a convenience store with a machine gun when he was kicked out of the Marines for being too nuts.

I swear on my lemongrass plant that I wrote my post before reading yours.

5:31 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

I could not agree with you more. I feel like so many great moments have been lost forever. I have trouble remembering interesting things from today, not withstanding things that happened weeks or years ago.

The advantage you have, of course, is that you are recording many of them in your blog. You can always look back at the time that you fondly remembered the McBLT. That will be a treasured memory forever.

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Not only do I remember the game, I still have the almanac that came with the game.

5:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More importantly, can we please discuss the fact that you jusr refered to marajuana as "dope"? Only my mom calls it that. Dope refers to the lovely substance offered to you via car window in East Balitmore. Seriously, I expect more from you!

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home