I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I got praise!

You all remember my soup recipe. The one that was too tedious for you all to read?

Well, one of my bloggerfriends at Because it's Personal made the soup for her children.

She's a Southern Mother in Georgia with a brood of four kids, and, from what I can tell, she's a very (successfully) adventurous cook.

She liked the soup. Her family liked the soup. Six people, both sick and healthy, liked my soup!

Here's what she had to say.

Now, I know that my soup is good stuff - my Mom's soup is good stuff, but I improved on it, and I make phenomenal soup. But hearing that my soup is good from someone who 1) isn't necessarily familiar with the smells, tastes and textures of a Jewish kitchen and 2) who undoubtedly has many of her own recipes and techniques stored away in her head and nowhere else...well, it makes one proud! I feel validated. I don't cook as much as I want to anymore, but when I do...I turn out a tasty and wholesome product. (Even if I do toss the limp bits of celery and don't have the kishkes to pull the meat off drumsticks...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

Make His Soup.
It's really more tedious to read than it is to make.

Also, it feeds 6 (4 healthy adults, 1 sick teen, and 1 sick 7 yr old)comfortably with no leftovers.

I recommend that you make a double recipe and freeze half. Making twice as much would only be a smidgen more work, and to have it on hand for emergencies would be awesome.

I think it's good enough to serve to company. And better than many recipes I've tried out of Fine Cooking and Bon Appetit.

The limp celery and carrots make great dog treats.

ok,SB, you owe me $20.

6:36 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

The check is in the mail, RT. :)

And the soup will be served to company on Friday, September 22, 2006, as that is Erev Rosh Hashannah, and I am travelling up north to boil onions on my home stove! YAYYYY!

6:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home