I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

On Pickles:

Many of you out there may be wondering: What's the best bottled pickle available in my Grocer's refrigerated case (except if you live in Georgia, in which case...in the refrigerated cases of every grocer except the ones in your state...)

Well, friends, I have the answer to that. There are two types of pickles that bear notice:

1) Bubbie's Pickles. These pickles KICK ASS. They're tangy and garlicky and spicy. Really amazing pickles. Crispy, un-fermented, but pickled. Definitely a fantastic sandwich pickle.

2) Ba-Tempte half-sours. These are what you WANT to be on the table at Wolfie's Rascal House. They're salty and garlicky, and most importantly, FIZZY! They're slightly fermented, so when you bite into them, you get the sensation that you're drinking a glass of hard cider. Or, you know... a fermented pickle.

Remember, shake your pickles well.

Oh, and football, boobies, and poop.

8 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

I could really go fo some of that yummy bread that they had at the Rascal House up in North Miami Beach. Too bad it closed. Pbfffft.

12:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

football, boobies and poop. that sounds like one of my posts.

I HATE pickles. Love cucumbers though. Deal with that if you can.

5:56 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

That's funny. I dislike cucumbers and yet, I love pickles.

And JB... wait. When did the Rascal House close?! I don't think it's closed. If it did, I'm going to have a minor (read: MAJOR) fit.

WHERE ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO BUY THREE DOLLAR MACAROONS AND BLACK AND WHITE COOKIES!? WHERE ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY TOO MUCH FOR TERRIBLE FOOD, WITH SURLY WAITSTAFF!? WHERE ELSE CAN I GET KISHKIE ON A SUNDAY MORNING!? OR CHOLENT FOR THAT MATTER?!

Look what you did, JB.

6:07 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I'd definitely believe in God's existence if he grew me a never-dying money tree that budded $100 dollar bills in legal tender every four days, I think that would definitively prove God's existence to me.

Hear that, God? Money tree.

7:08 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

So what makes you so special that you get a money tree and I don't? Hmmmm??? I mean, as a Christian I deserve it waaay more than you do, but I would share a little...

football boobies and poop sounds like the blog of a mommy who doesn't get out much.

7:50 AM

 
Blogger JB said...

Not the one on Collins, silly. There used to be one up in North Miami Beach and frankly, I thought the food there was better than the one down south. It closed several years back, though. I didn't mean to cause such consternation-- sorry!

11:19 AM

 
Blogger JB said...

Ok, after some research, let me clarify once and for all. There used to be a "Wolfie's" on 163rd Street in NMB. I imagine that this was not under the same ownership as "Wolfie Cohen's Rascal House." But, they had more or less the same menu and better bread, so can you blame me for being confused? The one in Sunny Isles is still open and there used to be another "Wolfie's" on South Beach that is also now closed.

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Sweet post.

I do love pickles, football, and boobies.

Poop? Hilarious!

Now you just have to start writing about blumpies.

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home