I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Excuses, excuses...

So. Mark Foley. You're now an alcoholic? And conveniently, you were molested? And suddenly you feel you have to come clean with these revelations as part of your "healing?"

::eyeroll::

Why is this even making the news? It's badly spun and completely transparent P.R. to "explain the behavior," and garner sympathy. "It wasn't him! It was his condition!"

Wah-wah-wah. ::whomp! whomp!::

I'd feel worse for him if he simply shut the hell up, said, "Woah. I ROYALLY FUCKED UP and I'm super sorry that I happen to have a socially unacceptable interest in males under the age of 18. Well, I'm not sorry I have that interest, but I'm sure as hell sorry I acted on it! Even peripherally!"

Then, I'd be like, "Hey, even though he did a shady thing, we're all human. And even though he's a GINORMOUS HYPOCRITE, what else was I going to expect from a guy in his particular office? I didn't vote for him, and that's all that matters. And the other thing that matters is that he's effectively lost his seat in the house to a Democrat, because his name is still going to appear on the ballots... And really, even though there's a new guy who's going to run Republican for his seat, the voters will still have to push the "Mark Foley" button on the Voting Machine. So, in the end, it's all part of the Lord's plan, to make things right with the world again, and restore some balance and remove some sanctimony and hypocrisy from the House. Yay Dems! We don't molest kids! Stupidly! We do it correctly! And covertly! Whoo!"

That's what I'd be like.

Okay. That's enough political commentary for the day -- no, no, for the week, rather. Next post is going to be on why I get pissed when you drive the speed limit, or under, because then people cut in front of you and make me miss the next green light, and your selfish propensity NOT TO SPEED makes me late for work.

Get excited.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

You know, blaming childhood events can only take you so far. Eventually you have to GROW UP and, if you are cognizant enough to recognize that your actions are wrong, then you are grown up enough to take responsibility for them.

Yes, I was whipped with a belt as a child, but I don't blame todays issues on that, no. Todays issues are all the fault of Bombay Sapphire.

1:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously....is there ANYONE who hear Foley said he was molested as a child and said "Oh...well then I understand" Seriously...I have to know.GRRRRRR This makes me So made. Way to say it all, Jer.

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home