I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Lord's Work

Julie and I did some charity this morning.

We went to drop off break-the-fast packages to the needy, and give them some holiday company.

Oy.

No good deed goes unpunished. Our guy was very happy to see us and talk at (not to) us.

Forever. About an hour and a half. Of barely coherent ramblings.

Bless his heart. And may God inscribe him for a good new year in the book of life... and help all of his many, many patents, which he walked us through, in excruciating detail, become bonafide inventions.

Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

You'll never know how much he appreciated that.

For some reason, when I do something nice for someone I don't know, they turn out to be really smelly.

12:34 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

This guy wasn't smelly. He was actually pretty well kempt. Still smelled like old person, but on the whole, not completely gross.

He was, however, nuts. Not quite raving, but...close. Still, even though I'm emotionally drained after the experience (I'm SO TIRED for some reason!) I'm glad I did it.

Sort of.

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

He was probably very, very lonely. You did a good deed indeed.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home