I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Sunday, November 05, 2006

So disgusting. But so good.




Before I say what I'm about to say, I want you to know that before moving to Miami, this would NEVER have ocurred to me to do.

But.

Times change. I've lived here a while and it's rubbed off on me. Like it or not, I am becoming influenced by the dominant culture of Miami.

I now know that sweetened condensed milk, eaten out of the can... with a spoon. Or one's finger...

is delicious.

Now, I'm not saying eat a quater can at one sitting...

but a couple licks off a spoon is a little slice of sweet, rich, creamy heaven.

Don't knock it till ya tried it.

3 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

Do you know the pleasure of Thai donut? I'm partial to fried dough just about any way-- Krispy Kreme, Cafe Du Monde Beignet, whatever.... But thai donut...mmmm... fried dough drizzled with sweet, sweet condensed milk and sometimes sprinkled with nuts.... yeah, you really can't beat that.

12:05 AM

 
Blogger Rootietoot said...

If you take an unopened can and boil it in a pot of water for a while, the sugars caramelize. Then you can eat it with a spoon and not share any of it with anyone. Truly I've only done this once and the experience was so sublime it scared me and I've never done it since.

Mix 1 can condensed milk with 1 8oz block of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of either lemon or lime juice and pour it into a graham cracker crust. Top with a can of cherry pie filling. and chill for a couple of hours until it's firmish.

4:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm...I'm so disgusted with you. However, I have used this while making challah french toast and it's serious deliciousness, but plain? You're nast-a-fari!

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home