I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I don't have a Boston Accent. Not one that's really discernible except for a few words, anyway... like "drawer" or "can't."

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

North Central
The West
The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Inland North
The South
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

4 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

frahm Bahstahn?

2:53 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

Parents are...

3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known you since before puberty and you have always had, for reasons unknown to me, a quasi-Canadian accent.

I lived in Boston for 4 years and can safely say that you have no trace of a Masshole accent!

You have no Maryland accent either, hon!

Canadian...that's my vote. Ya freak, ay.

3:43 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I say "Draws" for "Drawers" and I say "Ahranj" for "orange."

Beyond that, I think my accent is some bizarre combination of the fusion of Bostonian/Baltimorian, resulting in my somewhat strange, Saskatchewanese pronounciation of my "ou" dipthongs for which you have harped on me since 12. In fact, it makes perfect sense... Bostonians pronounce "ou," as "oww" and Baltimorian pronounce it "ao" and I substitute both other vowels with the "o" to get "oo."

That's what Ayme talking aboout.

7:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home