I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka. So...have a heart?

Monday, March 19, 2007

When the Going Gets Tough...

When the Going Gets Tough, the tough go into denial...

What's that? No, I don't have to move! Why do you ask?

And even if, say, I were to have to move, someone else will be packing my boxes for me, correct?

That's what I thought! So, I'll just take a post-work nap, and watch some Digging for the Truth, because I find Josh Bernstein to be Semitically attractive (although his personality is super awkward sometimes) and try to make biscuits, only to realize that I ran out of baking powder a week ago, and give up, and go back to the couch.

I like the couch. (Futon, actually; a couch is one of those things I would buy if I had the money, but won't because I don't (anymore), and my future home is about to have a Special Assessment for replacing windows levied against it...[someone buy me a new coffee table, I hate my current one, and I almost bought the one I actually liked for $650.00 a while back, but didn't because I wanted to wait until I got a new place to live to make sure the dimensions would be correct, and now who's sorry they didn't shell out the six hunnit bux when they had spare sets of $600.00 to go around, huh?]) The couch is where I can watch T.V. and pretend I don't have to pack up everything and move.

It was all so different 1) when I was in college and didn't really own any "stuff" and any packing and moving I did was in the form of UPS boxes to be shipped back home, or to be carted away for summer storage at Lazybones; and 2) when I lived in a 400 square foot mini-partment in a Coral Gables guesthouse. Packing was so much easier then. Now I have four years of accumulated crap to dig through, and it sure doesn't make me happy.

I have two boxes packed.

Eighty more to go.

I'm going back to the couch to pretend someone else is going to do it for me. Like, say, my parents.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop with your whining! You're moving to a fabulous new place. I'm gonna bitch slap you.

Love you!

I owe you a ring..I know.

Hilarity will ensue.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

As annoying as packing is, it's the best time to throw things out, and there is NOTHING better than throwing things out. Consider this a wonderful time to purge. You will feel lighter afterwards.

9:50 AM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

C'mon Mike. Remember when we went to Scotland, and all Tracey did was yell, "LOVE YOUR STUFF, GUYS!" as Charlie would stand on a street corner in that ridiculous blue leather jacket yelling "Chicken!"

Well. Both of those mantras stuck with me. I enjoy chicken. And I love my stuff. I can't throw things out! Not even the four bottles of ScotchGuard I packed with me. (I don't have carpets in my new place...)

But I'll try. I threw out spoiled bacon yesterday!

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

garbage bags are your friends. for packing and throwing away

you really need someone to help you get rid of stuff. someone who could challenge each item you intend to keep.

when i moved from south beach to my new apt. two of my friends sat there as i pulled each item out of my closet. they then made fun of 1/2 the clothes/shoes/purses I own and convinced me to donate it. I ended up donating almost 10 bags. Great tax deduction!

If you don't have friends who are willing to help...well then make some rules. Older than 5 years - throw it away. Haven't worn it in past 12 months - good bye! Barely fits, waiting for it to "come back", you could sew the hole and make it like new - BYE BYE!!

2:16 PM

 
Blogger SuperBee said...

I already cleaned Closets, Shawn. I ended up with two or three large Contractor's Yardbags to Good Will. :)

I did a good job! And I haven't shopped since!

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

well good job then!

6:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home